Youth Workforce Development Specialist – Kosovo
The Workforce Development Specialist will be directly working in the design, management, and implementation of youth-centered development interventions for the anticipated program. S/he will identify the needs and gaps in services provided currently. S/he will work with the Up to Youth team to develop curricula to address these gaps, such as vocational education, soft skills training, and technical skills training, and ensure that workforce development interventions use best practices to address the needs of youth. S/he will liaise with project staff, government ministries, and project partners and stakeholders to ensure workforce development solutions are strategically and tactically addressed. S/he will also work with government and civil society to develop interventions that will increase civic participation and lessen the likelihood of violent extremism.
Essential Job Functions:
- Design and lead activities that will decrease barriers to youth access to post-secondary training and/or market-driven workforce development programs leading to employment or self-employment.
- Provide strategic technical guidance on market-driven workforce development methodologies, private sector partnerships, access to credit, entrepreneurship, etc. to key personnel, project staff, government ministries, and project partners and stakeholders.
- Ensure that program training and certification activities are linked to the needs of the labor market and private-sector needs, growth areas, opportunities for start-up capital and apprenticeships.
- Advise on institutional strengthening measures to ensure sustainable project interventions.
- Review and provide input to project work plans, with attention to youth dimensions of technical activities and operations, and discuss issues and priorities with project senior management and other technical specialists.
- Engage available and active youth networks and organizations in the planning and implementation of project activities.
- Support development of youth monitoring and evaluation indicators for the project.
- Develop appropriate youth resources and tools for project staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- 7+ years’ experience on donor-based programming.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in designing, managing, and implementing programs aimed at improving workforce readiness and entrepreneurship among youth (women, girls, and marginalized communities a plus).
- Technical knowledge and experience in skills development, curriculum development, micro, small, medium enterprises, and entrepreneurship.
- Experience working with government officials, community members, families and other stakeholder in efforts to increase access to workforce training, employment, and entrepreneurship opportunities.
- Experience building and strengthening workforce development partnerships with the private sector and other stakeholders, including public-private partnerships.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork.
- Professional fluency in Albanian.Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Kosovo experience.
- Master’s degree.
- Prior experience in USAID funded projects, particularly those centered around economic development.
- Experience working in institutions with a focus on serving the needs of youth, particularly workforce-aged youth.
- Professional fluency in English is strongly preferred.Success Factors:
- Must be innovative and resourceful in creating an awareness of new initiatives which respond to the needs and practices of project beneficiaries.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, take direction, assume leadership, and make rational decisions while working remotely from country leadership.
- Ability to train and facilitate dialogue among a diverse group of individuals with various skill sets and work styles.
- High motivation, initiative, and adaptability.Travel Requirements:
- This position will be based in Pristina, Kosovo, with travel up to 30%.Physical Requirements:
- Normal Office Conditions.
Blumont is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, Teach America and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.