Senior Officer, Project, Kosovo
Posting Date: 12-Jul-2018
Location: Pristina, GB
|Dept. / Bus. Group||SME F&D Front Office|
|Business Unit||SME F&D, Kosovo (Advisory)|
|Contract Type||Fixed Term|
|Contract Length||2 years|
|Posting End Date||26/07/2018|
PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION IS BASED IN KOSOVO
Advice for Small Businesses (ASB) helps small and medium-sized businesses to grow and become genuine catalysts for their local economies by providing access to local and international experts. Some clients will benefit from investment, but ASB also strives to create healthier, more innovative and successful businesses. Through its work to improve the quality and availability of local consultancy services, ASB aims to leave behind a network of trained, experienced local consultants, and a thriving community of small and medium-sized businesses willing to pay for advice.
The Senior Officer is responsible for providing primarily project support services to facilitate the local delivery of projects of ASB, and will assist ASB Analysts and Associates in managing advisory assignments with clients. The Senior Officer must ensure comprehensive and accurate system records of projects and their status, and maintain databases of clients and consultants. They must also ensure that the financial resources of the ASB programme locally are managed in accordance with agreed parameters and procedures, liaising closely with the ASB Finance and Administration team on related matters. The role will also deal extensively with local clients on general financial matters related to ASB projects.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Take an active role in client and consultant-facing aspects of new business development, in order to ensure a viable pipeline for ASB activities in the country.
- Demonstrate an ability to support an ASB project independently through the stages of the project cycle (conception, implementation, completion and evaluation) in order to a core contribution to the volume and quality of ASB business.
- Develop and maintain the ASB local client and consultant databases to ensure accurate record-keeping and donor reporting.
- Subject to necessary approvals of the concept, to demonstrate an ability to organise visibility and market development activities independently, to help ASB in its mission to support local companies and consultants.
- Within Local Advisory (LA), monitor use of local ASB bank accounts to ensure that finances are used in accordance with relevant agreements, rules and procedures.
- Within LA, prepare and submit for review to ASB London accurate and timely Monthly Financial Reports (MFRs), as part of the process by which spending by local ASB offices is reflected in core EBRD systems.
- Keep adequate and well-organised documentation in support of all local payments, and facilitate VAT recovery according to local mechanisms, in line with EBRD’s duties for prudent management of donor funds.
- Receive and review invoices from consultants, and coordinate their timely submission to EBRD in London, so that service providers are paid on time and on completion of agreed deliverables.
- Conduct other ad hoc financial and administrative tasks as defined by management to ensure team’s objectives are met.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Relevant degree or higher diploma
- Relevant experience in an administrative capacity, preferably gained from a large commercial. organisation, financial institution or donor organisation.
- Relevant experience in terms of basic finance or accounting.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the EBRD mandate.
- Demonstrable skills related to quantitative and numerical record-keeping and basic analysis.
- Experience with the SAP accounting system preferable, as well as the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Ability to operate sensitively in a multicultural environment and build effective working relations with internal and external stakeholders clients and colleagues, especially ASB colleagues in 25 countries and other EBRD departments.
- Business / financial analytical skills, with the ability to interpret accounts, understanding of local accounting principles and practice of company financial analysis.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Fluency in local language.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities.
Job Segment: ERP, SAP, Bank, Banking, Technology, Finance