SVN XK 2018/PRN01
Open to Internal and External Candidates
|Position Title||:||Project Assistant|
|Classification||:||General Service Staff, Grade GIII|
|Type of Appointment||:||Special Fixed term, six months with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date||:||As soon as possible|
|Closing Date||:||26 March 2018|
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Manager and the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission the incumbent will be responsible for assisting in implementation of the EU- RRK V Project.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of the Programme Manager and in close coordination with the Programme Assistant on beneficiary selection and municipal capacity building coordinator will assist in implementation of the overall project and its administration in his/her duty station and ensure meeting timely project delivery obligations in line with IOM procedures and donor
- Assist to implement in his/her duty station the project’s activities and coordinate work with the municipalities of Graqanicë/Gracanica, Obiliq/Obilic and Fushë Kosovë/Kosovo Polje in Prishtinë/Pristina region, as well as with consultants and contractors recruited to support and/or undertake specific actions
- Assist the Socio-Economic (SE) and Income Generation (IG) Coordinator on conducting the SE assessment for creation of beneficiary profiles in terms of supporting them with harmonized assistance and IG packages, on organization of business start-up trainings and delivery of the assistance.
- Assist in managing resource deployment, activation, implementation, reporting and evaluation of the project in incumbent’s area of
- Assist Programme Manager in liaising with UNHCR, UNMIK, UNHCR, local authorities and other entities to meet project objectives. Maintain sound working relations on all operational aspects of the project especially with the Ministry of Communities and Returns and the Municipal Offices of Communities and Returns of the targeted
- In the absence of the Programme Manager and Programme Assistant on beneficiary selection will represent IOM at relevant workshops and meetings, as well as other events aimed at promoting IOM’s image and activities.
- Prepare programme narrative weekly, monthly, and progress reports for purposes of reporting to the PM on implementation and progress and ensure proper information exchange on all operational aspects of the project
- Provide interpretation and translation of documents to local languages (Albanian and Serbian) when
- Schedule and facilitate Task Force, Coordination Meetings and Municipal Working Groups to enable the approval of the potential
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Completed Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering is At least 3 years of working experience as a Civil Engineer/Architect, in the field or in a related area.
Sound knowledge of specialized Software for engineering and architecture, among others: Archicad, AutoCAD, any other similar technical software that might be needed. Sound knowledge of other Microsoft software such as Excel, Power Point, Access, and other relevant software for reporting and presentation purposes.
Working experience with an International Organization or multicultural organization is an advantage.
Good command in English (written and oral). Fluency in Albanian and Serbian (written and oral). Knowledge of any other language spoken in the Region is an advantage.
- Accountability: Accepts and gives constructive criticism, Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies, Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs, Monitors own work to correct errors, Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any
- Client Orientation: Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work, Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients, Identifies and monitors changes in the needs of clients, including donors, governments, and project
- Continuous learning: Contributes to colleagues’ learning, Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills, Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas, Keeps abreast of developments in own professional
- Communication: Actively shares relevant information, Clearly communicates, and listens to feedback on, changing priorities and procedures, Writes clearly and effectively, adjusting wording to the intended audience, Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the
- Creativity and Initiative: Proactively develops new ways to resolve
- Leadership and Negotiation: Convince others to share resources, Actively identifies opportunities for and promotes organizational change, Presents goals as shared interests, Articulates vision to motivate colleagues and follows through with
- Performance Management: Provides constructive feedback to colleagues, Uses staff evaluations appropriately in recruitment and other relevant HR procedures, Provides fair, accurate, timely, and constructive staff evaluations
- Planning and Organizing: Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others, Identifies priority activities and assignments for self and others, Organizes and documents work to allow for planned and unplanned handovers, Identifies risks and makes contingency plans, Adjusts priorities and plans to achieve goals, Allocates appropriate times and resources for own work and that of team
- Professionalism: Masters subject matter related to responsibilities, Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities, Incorporates gender- related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation, Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress, Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity, Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts, Knowledgeable about and promotes IOM core mandate and migration solutions.
- Teamwork: Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment, contributes to, and follows team objectives, gives credit where credit is due, Seeks input and feedback from others, Delegates tasks and responsibilities as appropriate, Actively supports and implements final group decisions, Takes joint responsibility for team’s
- Technological Awareness: Learns about developments in available technology, proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions, understands applicability and limitation of technology and seeks to apply it to appropriate
- Resource Mobilization: Establishes realistic resource requirements to meet IOM needs.
Internals of the Organization, as well as external female candidates will be considered as first-tier candidates. This vacancy is also open to second-tier candidates.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment. This post is subject to local recruitment.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications – Personal History Form and motivation letter in English by 26 March 2018 to email@example.com quoting the above vacancy notice number.
From: 17 – 26 March 2018