Programme Manager for Humanitarian Clearance operations in Montenegro
The vision of Norwegian People’s Aid is Solidarity in Action. We are a politically independent membership-based organisation working in Norway and in more than 35 countries around the world. Founded in 1939 as the labour movement’s humanitarian solidarity organisation, NPA aims to improve people’s living conditions and to create societies that are more just and more democratic. NPA’s international work covers three core areas: Humanitarian Disarmament, Democratisation and Just distribution of power and resources and Humanitarian Action and Crises Response.
Norwegian People’s Aid is seeking a Programme Manager for Humanitarian Clearance operations in Montenegro.
Wars and armed conflicts come to an end; however, the remnants of war continue to terrorize millions of people for decades to follow. Humanitarian Disarmament’s vision is a world where people and communities are safe, resilient and protected before, during and after armed conflict. Together with national authorities and other stakeholders, we are working to resolve problems faced by local communities caused by landmines and other explosive remnants of war. Currently NPA has more than 22 Humanitarian Disarmament Programmes ongoing in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Balkans and the Middle East.
Do you want to join our professional and committed global team in our mission to protect civilians from exposive weapons?
Norwegian People’s Aid is looking for a Programme Manager to manage our Humanitarian Disarmament programme in Montenegro. We are looking for a candidate with strong leadership capabilities, strategic and analytical skills, good understanding and operational experience from mine action. The position will provide an opportunity to lead and engage in the exciting upstart stage of a new and challenging programme.The position will be based in Montenegro with significant proportion of working time spent in the field. The position will report to Country Director of Bosnia & Herzegovina.
In this position your main responsibilities will be:
The Programme Manager has the overall responsibility for the following aspects of the HD programme in Montenegro; operations, personnel, including deliveries of delegated tasks; finance and logistics in coordination with the Country Director of Bosnia & Herzegovina.
- Be responsible for the development, monitoring and management of the programme according to strategies, (annual) plans and budgets in accordance with overall NPA guidelines and NPA Humanitarian Disarmament strategy and policies, with emphasis on relevance, quality, cost efficiency and impact.
- Responsible for the coordination and implementation of the appropriate organisation, its mode of operation and geographical targeting (including capacity building of national mine action authorities).
- Developing and maintaining a proper programme document hierarchy (Impact Assessment Level 0, Country Strategy, proposals (Plan of Action), reporting and annual plans (for internal management, implementation and monitoring).
- Coordinate closely with all relevant stakeholders, local and national authorities.
- Responsible for resource mobilisation for the NPA Humanitarian Disarmament Programme in Montenegro, including donor strategies and fundraising.
- Motivate for synergy and further cross-utilisation of resources between the NPA projects within the region and globally.
- Be responsible for management, tasking and supervision of staff.
The position requires management experience as well as good operational understanding. A proven track record of constructive stakeholder dialogue and fundraising is required. Furthermore the position requires:
- Experience from managing operations (project planning, implementation, follow up and reporting, writing project proposals, budgeting and fundraising)
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and manage a team (e.g. from humanitarian mine action/UXO programmes, overseas relief and development programmes or international military deployments)
- Familiarity with non-technical survey and technical survey operations
- Previous working relations or experience in a multi-national environment, and with partner organisations and donors.
- Education and/ or experience in logistics, finance and human resources are an asset
We are looking for someone with the experience and abililty to work independently, be proactive and make decisions as required. Good communication skills, cultural understanding, diplomacy and interpersonal skills is a prerequesite for being succesful in this position.
In return we offer:
An interesting, challenging work environment and a competitive salary package which includes country specific allowances. You will be covered by our comprehensive insurance scheme. We offer five weeks annual holiday*plus one additional week off for expats. NPA provides three international flights home per contract year**. We offer a one year contract with the possibility of renewal.
In general we emphasize the importance of strong health. One of NPA’s overall objectives is to promote gender equality in our organization, and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
For more information about NPA, please see our website at https://www.npaid.org/Our-Work/Humanitarian-Disarmament or visit us on Facebook or Twitter.
* Terms for annual leave follow the Norwegian Annual Holidays Act
** Terms apply according to NPA’s internal regulations
Please note: Selection and interviews will take place continuously. The position could be filled before the closing date.
Please apply online as instructed on this website. Due to capacity reasons we are only able to process applications sent through our recruitment portal.
Arshad Mubarak Ali
+47 994 59 009
Rune Kristian Dale-Andresen
Deputy Director Humanitarian Disarmament
+47 924 11 651