Abt Associates seeks a qualified Local Program Manager for an upcoming project in Kosovo which aim to lower household energy use and incentivize investments in energy efficiency. The Local Program Manager will coordinate and support the implementation and management of all field-based monitoring and evaluation operations and provide technical support to the evaluation. The Local Program Manager will report to the Energy Evaluation Specialist and will be the main point of contact for the evaluation in the field.
Indicative Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinates and supports the management of all day-to-day activities of the evaluation in the field, including organizing key informant interviews, focus group discussions, or other data collection activities, and gathering secondary data from key sources;
- Coordinates enumerator training workshops; provides oversight over data collection firm work, among other tasks;
- Participates in the development and delivery of client products, including analyses, reports, and related work products;
- Supports the design and implementation of performance and/or impact evaluations;
- Supports development of qualitative and/or quantitative data collection instruments to evaluate the performance and/or impact of the energy sector program;
- Conducts evaluation tasks in the field (this may include surveys, key informant interviews; and focus groups discussions);
- Travels to project sites to collect data and performs performance spot checks where necessary;
- Conducts quantitative and/or qualitative data analyses, analyzes findings, and contributes to drafting reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in in a relevant subject area, Master’s degree is preferred;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in international development program monitoring and evaluation;
- Technical expertise of and experience in the energy sector required, and experience in the energy sector in Kosovo strongly preferred;
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection methods (e.g. interviews, focus groups, surveys), and data analyses;
- Experience in designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation frameworks;
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and managing monitoring and evaluation programs;
- Familiarity with MCC’s objectives, approaches, and operations, and familiarity with MCC’s Evaluation Policy, preferred;
- Professional fluency in English. Proficiency in a second language such as Albanian and/or Serbian is a plus;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
To be considered for this opportunity, qualified applicants must submit the following to CIE@abtassoc.com:
- Required: Updated résumé;
- Encouraged: Cover Letter that describes the applicant’s qualifications with relevance to the scope of work;
- Please include the job title in the email subject line.