Gender Mainstreaming Officer, Council of Europe, Pristina – Expert Deployment/ NORCAP Norwegian Refugee Council
from Norwegian Capacity
Gender Mainstreaming Officer, Council of Europe, Pristina – Expert Deployment/ NORCAP
Norwegian Refugee Council
NORCAP is the Norwegian Refugee Council’s expert deployment capacity. It consists of several, world-leading standby rosters, one of which is NORDEM, the Norwegian resource bank for democracy and human rights. NORCAP strengthens international and national partners’ capacity to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crisis. We do this by delivering the right expertise, building strategic partnerships and advocating for more effective action. Our NORDEM experts specialise in human rights and support for democracy.
Under the supervision of the Head of the Council of Europe Office in Kosovo*, the incumbent will be responsible for further developing gender mainstreaming tools and mechanisms and building the capacity of the Council of Europe staff in South-East Europe to ensure a gender sensitive approach to the Council of Europe programmes and projects. S/he will work in close co-operation and co-ordination with the Office of the Directorate General of Programmes, with Gender Equality Unit of the Directorate General of Democracy (DGII) and in compliance with the Council of Europe regulations, standards and values.
- Contributes to the implementation of the Council of Europe Transversal Programme for Gender Equality and the Gender Equality Strategy; in particular, promotes and facilitates the implementation of the co-operation toolkit on gender mainstreaming.
- Coordinates the process of gender mainstreaming in the framework of the Council of Europe activities in South-East Europe:
- Supports and advises Council of Europe staff in South-East Europe:
- Builds the capacities of the Council of Europe staff and partner organisations in South-East Europe: Undertakes official journeys in connection with the activities described above.
- University degree in relevant field
- at least 5 years of professional experience relating to gender equality, including gender mainstreaming;
- proven experience in providing tailor-made support on gender mainstreaming issues to government authorities, intergovernmental bodies and civil society/women’s rights organisations;
- proven record on developing gender mainstreaming strategies, policies, tools.
- very good knowledge of English. Good knowledge of local languages would be an asset.
- nationality of one of the 47 Council of Europe member states. Norwegian candidates will be given preference
Being an expert in NORCAP gives you:
- A great opportunity to work in an international setting for a world recognized organization
- Significant life experiences through challenges and self-development
- Access to a unique network of humanitarian professionals
- A meaningful job working with the world’s challenges on location
- Duration of contract: 1 year – possible extension up to three years
- Protection is at the heart of the work NORCAP does; candidates selected for interview can expect for this aspect of their profile to be explored in some detail
- Shortlisted candidates may need to pass an English test as part of the selection process
Application procedures and CV registration:
- Kindly submit your CV and application in English and include your full name as written in your passport
- Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location
- NRC reserves the right to conduct a full background check on shortlisted candidates
Link to apply for position: https://www.webcruiter.no/wcmain/CvJobRespond1.aspx?oppdragsnr=4005318016&link_source_id=5465334666&company_id=1536508415&culture_id=EN