Project Title: Aligning education and training with labour market needs ALLED II
Coordinator Higher Education & Governance (national)
Position: Starting date: 1st March 2019
Assignment period: (subject to the signing of the Delegation Agreement with EU
Office in Kosovo – EUOK)
Type of employment: 12 Months (possibility of extension for additional 30 months) Full Time position
Location: Prishtina/Pristina, Kosovo
The Austrian Development Agency (ADA) is the Operational Unit of the Austrian Development Cooperation (ADC). It is in charge of implementing all bilateral programmes and projects in ADC’s partner countries and administers the budget earmarked for this. Under the European Commission’s Instrument for Pre-Accessoi n AssistanceProgramme for 2017 (IPA 2017), ADA has been delegated to implement the project “Aligning education and training with labour market needs” (ALLED Phase II)”.
The overall objective of the project is to reduce poverty through increased labour market participation and improved employability of the population. The specific objective of the project is to strengthen the quality and relevance of education and training programmes for the labour market and to support the adaptation of the legislative framework and mechanisms as a precondition for increased employability.
For the implementation of this EU and ADC funded project, ADA is recruiting a Coordinator Higher Education & Governance (national). The position will act under the supervision of Team Leader The Project Implementation Unit is based in Pristina. The working language will be English.
The Coordinator Higher Education & Governance will be responsible for:
• Responsible for the successful implementation and oversight of the Higher Education (HE) and Governance Components according to the Description of the Action (DoA)
• Acting according to the Project Operating Manual
• Support the processes related to strengthening the link between HE and Labour Market needs which include the communication and cooperation with targeted public Higher Education Institutions (HEls), business representatives and other relevant bodies
• Support the processes related to governance procedures for education and training
system leading to labour market and education approximation
• Cooperate and coordinate closely with the Ministry of Education Science and Technology (MEST) responsible department and provision of technical support related to adaption of the legal framework related to VET financial planning, gender responsive budgeting and budgeting concerning special needs of persons with disabilities
• Support the processes related to adaption of legal infrastructure for the implementation of income generating activities for VET schools and Vocational Training Centres (VTCs)
• Ensure the participation and involvement of relevant stakeholders in project activities so that the process is inclusive, participatoryand transparent
• Ensure the timeliness and quality of the outputs as well as timely preparation of reports on achievements and challenges faced within the project
• Support the project Team Leader in timely preparation of progress and final reports for the Steering Board Meetings (SBM) and for the European Union Office in Kosovo (EUOK) under the supervision of Team Leader
• Liaison with beneficiaries, government officials and EUOK under supervision of the Team Leader and in Coordination with ADC Office Prishtina/Pristina/Task Manager and Head of ADC Office Prishtina/Pristina
• Ensure proper visibility of the project according to EU and ADA visibility guidelines and the implementation of the Communication and Visibility Plan of the Project
• Perform other duties as assigned
• A university degree (minimum: Master’s degree or equivalent) in Social Sciences, Education, Law or other relevant disciplines
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in project management in an international development setting
• Fully conversant with HE trends at local and regional levels
• Extensive experience in result based monitoring and reporting
• Experience with EC funded projects is a strong asset
• Familiarity with the education sector of Kosovo, experience in Higher Education is highly desirable
• Strong experience in area of Governance is a precondition
• Knowledge of the relevant national institutions and policies (MEST, public university system, private university system, quality assurance) is a strong asset
• Skills in facilitating consultations, workshops, and project engagements
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are mandatory, working knowledge of Albanian is required. Knowledge of Serbian and German is an asset.
• Excellent inter-personal, social and communication skills
• Ability to work in an international and multicultural environment and effectively coordinate a multi-disciplinary team of experts and consultants
• Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective, social inclusion and environmental protection
Documents to be presented by the applicant:
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org NLT 08.02.2019 , indicating “Coordinator Higher Education & Governance /ALLED 11” in the subject with the following documents:
• Letter of motivation including salary expectations (in English)
• Curriculum vitae (in English)
• Names, contact details and working relationship of three professional references (at least one referee should have been your direct supervisor)
NOTE: Delayed and incomplete applications will not be accepted. No phone calls please. ADA Head Office and ADC Office Prishtina/Pristina will not accept phone calls on behalf of applicants. Such calls will harm applicant’s chances in applying for this position.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
ADA retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration
ADA encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic minorities as well as candidates with disability to apply