Analyst, Advice for Small Businesses, Kosovo
Posting Date: 06-Apr-2018
|Dept. / Bus. Group||SME F&D Front Office|
|Business Unit||SME F&D, Kosovo (Advisory)|
|Contract Type||Fixed Term|
|Contract Length||2 years|
|Posting End Date||20/04/2018|
PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION IS BASED IN KOSOVO
Advice for Small Businesses (ASB) helps small and medium-sized businesses to grow and become genuine catalysts for their local economies by providing access to local and international experts. It is a core offering of the EBRD, enabling clients to grow and develop within their economies and beyond.
Based in Kosovo, the Analyst is responsible for identifying potential clients and consultants and managing advisory assignments with clients. They will work with these clients to identify their business needs and identify areas for business advice, develop the scope of advisory projects, and identify suitable consultants or experts for the assignments.They will manage advisory projects through the stages of conception, implementation, completion and impact evaluation. They will proactively manage their portfolio of ongoing projects, ensuring it contributes to raising the quality of ASB projects in the country as well as their impact. The Analyst will support the Principal Manager to implement market development and visibility activities, and interact with clients, consultants and ASB staff in the country and in HQ, as well as with EBRD banking colleagues.
This is a two year fixed term contract.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Identify and pursue potential clients who meet the qualifying criteria, contributing to ASB and banking business development.
- Proactively diagnose clients’ business needs on site, identify priority areas for business advice and help them to identify suitably qualified consultants or international industry experts.
- Together with the client and selected consultant, develop the terms of reference and project proposal in line with ASB best practices.
- Apply the grant guidelines in finalising Grant Agreements with clients and assist them in negotiating underlying consultancy contracts with selected consultants or experts.
- Manage project implementation to ensure consultants deliver in accordance with the terms of reference and ensure continued client engagement to the project and prepare relevant reports in line with the project cycle, ensuring necessary supporting documentation is collected.
- Recommend project completion and subsequent disbursement of the grant to the client to the Principal Manager.
- Evaluate completed projects in accordance with established methodology in order to assess impact and provide analytical input for further analysis.
- Identify new local consultants to recommend to the Principal Manager for qualification and manage relations with existing consultants and organisations, ensuring a broad pool of expertise is available for ASB projects; Implement annual consultant review and regularly monitor developments in local consultancy market.
- Implement marketing and visibility activities to promote ASB and the funding donor/s in the country. Under the guidance of the Principal Manager, support the implementation of market development activities aimed to develop local consultancy market or disseminate best practices within sectors.
- Contribute to the development of internal and donor reports in partnership with the ASB HQ team to inform donors on the progress of activities and utilisation of funding.
- Work and cooperate with Banking teams on any phases of banking projects cycle.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (Business, Economics, Finance etc.) and/or equivalent business experience
- Relevant professional experience, preferably from commercial management consultancy, corporates or of financial institution, donor organisation, or international support programme.
- Knowledge of local Kosovan business environment and consultancy market.
- Knowledge of business advisory services.
- Knowledge of donor funded work, donor organisations and national stakeholders such as regional development agencies, chambers of commerce & industry and other SME support organisations desirable.
- Strong financial and business diagnostics skills.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills, understanding of enterprise financials.
- Strong project management and organisational skills.
- Effective communication, presentation and negotiation skills and ability to manage relations with clients and consultants.
- Strong writing skills; experience in writing project proposals, terms of references or reports desirable.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal is essential.
- Fluency in local language is essential.
- Computer literate: excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel and Power Point, ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively within the country and internationally.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities.
Job Segment: Bank, Banking, Project Manager, Finance, Technology